Tell me something about yourself? how to Introduce
As you Know I am XXXX XXXXX, I am ISTQB Certified, I have 2 years of Experience working as a Tester, I have worked on two end to end Software development life cycle (SDLC) where my responsibilities were to identify test scenarios, write Test Cases for Test scenarios, execute test scripts update the results, report the defect to the developer, I have used bug tracker and Mantis as bug reporting tool.
1) What are the key challenges of software testing that you faced in your career?
Following are some challenges of software testing that I faced in my career:
- Unstable Application under Test.
- Time constraints.
- Understanding and analyzing the requirements.
- Changing Requirements.
- Lack of Domain knowledge and business user perspective understanding.
- Prioritizing Test cases
- Lack of skilled team members.
- Selecting Test Cases for Regression testing.
- Lack of resources and training.
- Test Environment issues.
2) How you derived Test Cases?
3) what do you need to write test cases?
That depends on project; sometimes we derived Test cases from requirements and sometimes from use cases.
4) How many Test cases did you write for last project?
Approximately 170 Test cases exercise 200 test conditions.
5) How much time is required to write a Test case?
That depends on complexity of the functionality.
6) How many defects did you detect in your last project?
I executed nearly 150 Test cases, in which some 22 defects were raised
Including 3 were showstoppers.
7) Did you face any problems during defect reporting and tracking?
Yes, Developers rejected 2 or 3 valid defects.
8) Did you create RTM (Requirements Traceability Matrix) document in your project?
I only updated the RTM document.
9) Did you involve in Test Environment setup?
Yes, I involved in verifying Test Lab setup along with other team members.
10) Did you perform any Production/Live testing?
Yes, In my current project we used live data for some test cases.
Helping developers in root cause analysis i some time try executing some test case/scenarios on live environment.
11) What is difference between Front End Testing and Back End testing?
Front End Testing is performed on the Graphical User Interface (GUI).whereas Back End Testing involves databases testing.
We conduct Database Testing using SQL Queries.
Database Testing is subset of Functional Testing.
12) What is the difference between System Testing and Functional Testing?
System Testing is a Test Level
Functional Testing is a Test Type that can be performed in all levels of Testing
(Unit Testing, Integration Testing, system Testing and Acceptance Testing).
13) What is the difference between Performance Testing and Load Testing?
Load Testing, Stress Testing, Spike Testing and Endurance Testing all are
subsets of performance Testing.
14) What are the Test types that you performed in your Software Testing career?
- Functionality Testing
- Security Testing
- Usability Testing
- Compatibility Testing
- Installation Testing etc…
15) What are the Test deliverables?
Opened and Closed Defect Reports
Test metrics reports
Test summary Report etc…
Note: What documentation we produce during testing all come under Test deliverables.
16) Did you involve in Test plan documentation?
Yes, I involved in Test plan documentation in the last project, identified
Features to be Tested, Entry criteria, Exit criteria.
17) What is Exhaustive Testing?
Exhaustive Testing with all possible inputs, preconditions
and it is impractical, so we use Test design techniques to achieve the appropriate test coverage .
18) What are the important phases in Formal Software test process or Software test life cycle?
- Test Planning
- Test Design
- Test Execution
- Evaluating exit criteria and Test closure.
Note: Use fundamental test process in your answer
19) What are the important tasks in Test planning phase?
Important tasks in Test planning phase are:
- Understanding and Analyzing the Requirements
- Risk Analysis
- Test Strategy Implementation
- Test Estimations (Scope, Time, Resources, Budget etc…)
- Team Formation
- Test Plan Documentation
- Configuration Management Planning
- Traceability Matrix documentation
- Define Test Environment Setup
20) What are important tasks in Test Design phase?
- Understanding Requirements
- Generate Test Case/Scenarios
- Test Case Documentation
- Test Data Collection/Generation
21) What are Test design techniques that you used?
- Equivalence Class Partitioning
- Boundary Value Analysis
- Decision Tables
- State Transition Testing etc…
Note: Use Black box Test Design Techniques
22) How you communicate with Developers to resolve issues?
That depends on Company and sometimes depends on Project, in my current project I am communicating Developers via our Test Lead.
Note: This is to check your behaviour
23) What is Configuration Management? Did you any Configuration Management Tool in your Testing career?
Storing and organizing all configurable items is called Configuration
Management, It is not only for Testing Team, also for all Stake holders of the Project.
It is very important for Development than Testing Team, I used VSS Tool for Configuration Management in my last project.
Tools: Puppet, Chef and Docker etc.
24) You told Configurable items, What are Configurable items in Software Test Process?
What Software & Hardware we use and What Documents (Test Plan, Test Cases, defect Reports, Test Summary Report etc…); we produce during Testing all come under Configurable items.
25) When we choose Informal Testing?
When we don’t have proper documentation (SRS or Requirements etc…) and not enough Time (rigid Deadline) then we chooses Informal Testing.
Using Experienced based Techniques (Ex: Error Guessing, Exploratory Testing etc…) we conduct Testing.
26) What are the important Test Types that can be applied for Web Applications?
Test Types that applied for Web Applications are,
- Functionality Testing
- Security Testing
- Compatibility Testing (OS Compatibility and Browser Compatibility)
- Navigation Testing
- Database Testing
- Reliability Testing
- Usability Testing
- Recovery Testing
- Performance Testing Etc…
27) Do You have experience in Database Testing?
Yes, I conducted Database Testing Manually using SQL Commands,
I Tested the following Database operations during Database Testing,
- Data Manipulations (Add / Edit / Delete Records)
- Data Integrity
- Data Retrievals
- Data Comparisons etc…